BadRap's advocacy is a failure......if they are unable to convince their own members/supporters to be responsible owners, and do things like neuter their dogs, then how can you expect them to convince the general public?
- In the eyes of BadRap, Darla's death was worth it; a small but necessary sacrifice, the price we pay for the "privilege" of living with their beloved breed. (and I would add they see it as normal)
- We cannot trust pit bull owners assessment of their OWN dog's dangerousness.
- Pit bull owners/advocates seem to often be young people who lack maturity and common sense......why on earth would the Naporas own two large active dogs when they lacked secure housing? They were in a rental unit. And why would they keep these dogs in a tiny, one bedroom cottage? Why would they fail to neuter their dog?
- Pit bull "advocates" are fanatics. They are misanthropes who value the life of a pit bull as being equal to, or more important than, the life of a human. They are often bullies, who blame innocent victims of attacks for "provoking" it, and somehow deserving what they got. They lack empathy and compassion for human victims of dog attacks.
- Pit bull "advocacy" protects the dog fighters and back yard breeders who are abusing these dogs by fighting against sensible BSL to control over-breeding. Pit bull advocacy's primary function is to protect the rights of people to continue to make money off of these dogs through back yard breeding and dogfighting by protesting any and all regulation on breeders.
- Bad Rap's response to this tragedy reveals how far this groups members are from normal society. Greg Napora's ONLY public statement about this tragedy was NOT to talk about his wife...but to defend his dog and the "pit bull breed". He immediately removes his Facebook page, and while in the midst of burying his wife, is on the phone to Donna Reynolds of BadRap? Greg Napora acts like a man who is more upset that he let the members of his "cult" down, than a man who lost his wife and child. Donna Reynolds bizarre statement....that it was just a dog being a dog, essentially......is accompanied by a graphic of a woman and her pit bull walking peacefully into the sunset together. She adds insult to injury by ending her post with "R.I.P. Darla and Gunner", in perhaps the most spectacularly insensitive response to this tragedy I have seen yet.
- BadRap members, and other pit bull fanatics, are endangering the public by relentlessly promoting these dogs as pets, and encouraging immature, irresponsible people like Greg Napora to own and promote the breed. It could have easily been one of the Naporas neighbors who was killed.
- Its time public officials stopped listening to the dog lobby, and small groups of fanatics, and craft public policy that will restrict breeding and ownership of these dangerous dogs.