another pit bull violently snuffed out another innocent family dog.
Louie's owner is working to minimize these tragedies and strengthen florida laws so that the owners and their dogs will be held accountable. LOUIE'S LAW
1. Owners will register their dog with the county as a dangerous dog.
2. Owners will be liable for all restitution for the injured victim involved.
3. Owners will be mandated to provide a containable place outside for the dog and it will be inspected by animal control.
4. Owners will be mandated to attend an animal obedience/handling course with their dogs at their own expense.
5. Owners will keep dog leashed at all time out of house or outside designated containment.
6. Any calls to animal control of complaint- dog causing any kind disturbance will be cited.
7. Any dogs running loose will be automatically picked up and held until owner is seen with Judge and their recommendations.
8. Owners will be mandated to carry liability insurance on their pets.
9. Any offenses after all mandated actions implemented by the judge can include euthanization of the dog.
10. Any person or pet being attacked by dog, and is killed to stop attacked, the acting person will NOT be held responsible.
11. Any dog deemed dangerous will be mandated to be sterilized within 30 days.
hate something change something make something better